My feeling is "Spoilt Brat" what's yours?

Moments after my shift ended I could feel the "lazy" coming on strong.

I sat back in my chair and started wasting time on all manner of distractions. This while knowing that I need to be productive, - working on my personal life -  But there is a time where you need to be laid back and take some weight off. You need to track yourself as you will know when you really need it or, when you are just being lazy.

So i devised the "Spoilt Brat" method. It's quite simple. Here's what you need to do. When you reach the end of a working day or certain activities and your attention starts drifting off you will notice an uncomfortable feeling. This feeling has many descriptions and it's up to you what you call it but for the sake of this exercise give it a name. This is a fun activity and you can get as creative as you like. 

Think of someone or something that you perceive as lazy. Now give your "Lazy" a name. Mine is Spoilt Brat... Now for the hard part. When you notice the feeling coming on, use the name you have selected and add it to the feeling you have. Now discipline your feeling as you would the "someone or something" reminding you of being lazy. In my case a "Spoilt Brat". - expects to receiving everything without doing anything - As soon as I relate to the example or comparison I have put on myself, my mood instantly changes. I get motivated by not wanting to be associated with my view of the "Spoilt Brat".

Give it a go, try it now, try it tomorrow but try it. If I can help you change your life for the better then I am putting a beating on the "Spoilt Brat".

(This article is for motivational purpose only - if you are currently seeing a professional for any mental help do not use this method or consult your treating professional first) 

   


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get more out of your day, live your dreams.

Productive waiting, a better use of time.